PLEASE NOTE: Wenner-Gren Symposia are booked through 2017. The next application deadline for the Wenner-Gren Symposium Program (October 1, 2016) would select our March 2018 symposium.
The Wenner-Gren Symposium Application plus required attachments must be submitted using the Foundation's online application submission procedure, which uses a third-party platform, Blackbaud/Microedge’s Internet Grants Application Module (IGAM). (Read their privacy statement here.)
If you are experiencing difficulties making an Online Application Submission, please consult "Troubleshooting Online Application Submissions."
If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline (email@example.com) to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail. Please note: application forms that are e-mailed or faxed directly to the Foundation will not be accepted. Please refer to the application procedures for details and guidelines about the information requested in the application.
Instructions for preparing and submitting an online application
Preparing and submitting an online application is straightforward, however the Foundation suggests that you print out the following guidelines to help you through the writing and submission process.
- Download the official Wenner-Gren Symposium Program Application Form. Applicants must download and complete the official Application Form. This form is a Microsoft Word 2003 document, which allows individuals to fill out information within the form and save it to their computers.
- Create a User Account: In the "Online Application Submission" section of the Application Forms, applicants are asked to enter one of two URL addresses (depending upon whether or not there is a Co-Organizer) into an Internet Browser. The URL directs individuals to the “Log in” page for Online Applications where they are asked to create a User Account.
To create a User Account, individuals will be asked to enter an e-mail address (which will be used as the account ID), and a password.
Once the User Account has been created, applicants can begin filling out their online registration information. This User Account will also allow individuals to:
- Save unfinished submissions and return to complete them later;
- Review the content of submitted applications.
Confirmation of your password will be automatically sent to the e-mail address supplied. The confirmation e-mail will also include a direct link to the User Account login page, which applicants should save for their records. They are also encouraged to save the direct link to their User Account in the “Favorites” folder on their internet browser.
- Save and Edit Submissions: Applicants can save the information they have entered online by clicking on the “Save & Finish Later” button located at the bottom of each page.
- Clicking on the “Save & Finish Later” button will take applicants to their User Account home page.
- Once in their User Account home page, applicants can see saved information listed under the “Open” heading.
- Access or Delete In-Progress Applications: On the User Account home page, applicants can resume work on in-progress submissions saved in an earlier session, and view the contents of applications previously submitted.
- To access in-progress submissions and continue the application process, applicants should click on the r