- The Wenner-Gren Foundation awards approximately five Wadsworth International Fellowships annually. The Foundation advises applicants to follow closely all the procedures for completing the application.
- Applications must be submitted on the most recent official application form. Application forms and guidelines for completing these forms are available three months before each application deadline.
- The Foundation operates an online application submission procedure.All application forms and other required application materials must be submitted online by the application deadline of March 1. All material must be submitted in a format compatible with Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, or 2010, or as an Adobe PDF. Acceptable document formats include “.doc”, ".docx", “.txt”, “.xls” and “.pdf” extensions.
- Two printed copies of the application materials must also be mailed to the Foundation. The printed material must be postmarked on or before the application deadline and received in the Foundation offices no later than two weeks after the application deadline (March 15). Send the printed copies to:
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research
470 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor
New York City, NY 10016, USA
- If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline and arrange to submit an application by conventional mail (email@example.com).
- Applications and all supporting materials such as CVs, transcripts, etc. must be in English.
- The Wadsworth International Fellowship application asks for the following categories of information:
- General information about the applicant, the Home Institution and Sponsor, and the Host Institution and Sponsor
- The answers to three questions about your proposed plan of study, your research interests, and your professional goals or plans. Applicants are advised to read the questions and instructions carefully as they develop their answers
- A detailed budget
- Copies of official transcripts from your Home Institution. Provide a translation if they are not in English. These must be mailed to the Foundation by the application deadline
- Language Competency: Where applicable, the applicant must provide evidence of competency in the language of the country in which he/she will be pursuing training
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant and Host Sponsor
- Letters from Sponsors. The applicant should request letters from both the Home Sponsor and the Host Sponsor, to be sent directly to the Foundation by the application deadline (March 1). These letters must clearly identify the applicant by their full legal name. Please note that applications cannot be processed unless both letters of recommendation are received by the application deadline.
- Please note that actual copies of travel permits, visas, and/or certificates of language competency are not required at the application stage. If an application is successful, the Foundation will expect that the necessary permits, visas, and certificates are in hand. Fellowship funds will not be released until the Foundation has received copies of all relevant permits, visas, and certificates. Note that the Foundation does not arrange permits and/or visas. This is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Before submitting your fellowship application, please read the information on US tax issues if you are intending to study at a US-based Host Institution. Click here for more information
- Non-US citizens should read the information about visas for Non-US Citizens who are present or coming to the United States as part of their studies/training program. Click here for more information.
- Do not send any other material, such as additional letters of recommendation, computer disks, manuscripts, publications, photographs, or recordings to the Foundation in support of your application. This material will not be used in the review process and cannot be returned.
Click here to download a version of these Application Procedures as listed on the website.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF files.
Wadsworth International Application Procedures.pdf 37.54 KB