If a Wadsworth African Fellowship is awarded to you, you will be subject to the following requirements and conditions and asked to sign this statement as a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully.
If a Wadsworth International Fellowship is awarded to you, you will be subject to the following requirements and conditions and asked to sign this statement as a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully.
1. Scope of Fellowship: Fellowship funds may only be spent on items included in the approved budget. The Fellow may not substantially modify his/her course of study supported by the fellowship, including changes to the Host Sponsor or Host Institution, without prior approval from the Foundation. Fellowship funds cannot be used for institutional overhead.
2. Return of funds: Fellowship funds must be returned to the Foundation if:
- used for purposes not approved by the Foundation;
- any remain unexpended at the termination of the fellowship;
- unused because fellowship was not completed;
- overlapping funding was received from another agency;
- the fellowship does not commence within a reasonable time after acceptance of the funds.
3. Reporting Requirements: The following items are to be submitted upon the completion of each year of the Fellowship. Please note that if these requirements are not fulfilled, the Fellow will become ineligible for further support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation.
- Report from the Fellow: Progress Reports are required at the end of each fellowship period and are to be submitted as part of the Renewal Application. Upon conclusion of the final year of Fellowship, the Fellow must sum up his/her accomplishments in a Final Report (2-3 pages).
- Financial Accounting: The Fellow must submit an accounting for the dollar amount expended for each Fellowship period. This accounting is to be approved and signed by the Host Sponsor. Supporting records such as receipts and vouchers should not be sent to the Foundation, but should be retained by the Fellow.
- Transcript: If the Fellow is registered for coursework, a copy of his/her transcript must be sent to the Foundation at the end of the academic year.
- Host Sponsor's Evaluative Report: The Host Sponsor must provide a confidential progress report at the end of each Fellowship period. The report should address the Fellow's academic performance, progress in language ability (where applicable), and any other matters pertinent to the Fellow's training and achievements. It should include the Host Sponsor's candid assessment of Fellow's ability to complete the course of training undertaken, as well as a realistic estimate of the time required to complete the training. At the end of the training period, the Host Sponsor must provide the Foundation with a final report on the Fellow's accomplishments.
- Upon Completion of the Training, the Fellow must inform the Foundation at the time of his/her return to Home Country and provide a current address.
4. Permission: To the extent that the grantee provides to the Foundation any photograph, film or other materials created in connection with the project, the Foundation may use these materials for any purpose related to the Foundation’s activities, including posting such materials on its website. The Foundation may use the grantee’s name, description of the research project, name/s of organization/s with which he/she is associated, and any photograph of him/her for any purpose relating to the Foundation’s activities.
5. Wenner-Gren Grants are made in accordance with all laws applicable in the United States of America, including but not limited to the provisions of the USA Patriot Act. Fellowship funds may not be used by any fellow for any purposes that would be in violation of regulations governed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Controls. The fellow confirms compliance with any applicable U.S. sanctions regulations including regulations pertaining to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN List). For further information on the regulations, please consult the U.S. Department of Treasury website at: www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.