- The Wenner-Gren Foundation awards only one Wadsworth African Fellowship annually. The Foundation advises applicants to follow closely all the procedures for completing the application.
- Applications must be submitted on the most recent official application form. Application forms and guidelines for completing these forms are available three months before each application deadline.
- The Foundation operates an online application submission procedure. All application forms and other required application materials must be submitted online by the application deadline of December 15. All material must be submitted in a format compatible with Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, or 2010, or as an Adobe PDF. Acceptable document formats include “.doc”, ".docx", “.txt”, “.xls” and “.pdf” extensions.
- Two printed copies of the applicant materials must also be mailed to the Foundation. The printed material must be postmarked on or before the December 15 application deadline and received in the Foundation offices no later than two weeks after the application deadline. Send the printed copies to:
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research
470 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor
New York City, NY 10016, USA
- If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Foundation will consider only one application for each South African university department each year. If the Foundation receives more than one application per department, the Department Head will be asked to prioritize their candidates for the fellowship.
- Applications and all supporting materials such as CVs, transcripts, etc. must be in English.
- The Wadsworth African Fellowship application asks for the following categories of information, which must be submitted by the December 15 deadline:
- General information about the applicant, the Home Institution and Sponsor, and the Host Institution and Sponsor
- The answers to three questions about your background and your proposed plan of study, your research interests, and your professional goals or plans. Applicants are advised to read the questions and instructions carefully as they develop their answers.