Applications for the Dissertation Write-Up Fellowship are available through the International Programs administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants must apply by December 15 for a fellowship to be made by the beginning of the following academic year in February. Note that dissertation write-up fellowships are normally made to coincide with the academic year (February - February). Please contact the International Program Administrator if you would like to begin the fellowship at another time of the year. Requirements for the Dissertation Write-Up Fellowship
Requirements for Dissertation Write-Up Fellowship:
- The applicant has completed all the necessary field or laboratory work relevant to their dissertation research and is prepared to begin writing their dissertation. The expectation is that the dissertation will be completed and submitted by the end of the fellowship year.
- The applicant completed their last Wenner-Gren supported training year no more than two academic years before the scheduled beginning of the dissertation write-up year.
- The Foundation funded the applicant for at least two continuous years of pre-dissertation write-up training.
- The applicant will be in residence at their Host Institution during the full twelve months of the dissertation write-up fellowship year.
To apply for a Dissertation Write-Up Fellowship, the following items should be submitted:
- The Wadsworth African Dissertation Write-Up Fellowship application, which includes a summary statement of the progress made during the dissertation research, a dissertation outline, and a timetable for completion of the doctoral thesis.
- A budget for the dissertation write-up year including a justification of the need for support and a description of any other sources of funding.
- A confidential letter of evaluation from the Host Sponsor. The Host Sponsor must provide a progress report addressing the fellow's academic performance, attesting to the completion of the dissertation research, and confirming that the fellow is in a position to complete the dissertation within the period of the Dissertation Write-Up fellowship. This letter should be sent by the Host Sponsor directly to the Foundation by the application deadline of December 15.