If a Post-Ph.D. Research grant is awarded to you for the purpose stated in your application, you will be subject to the following requirements and conditions and asked to sign this statement as a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully.
- Scope of Research Project: Grant funds may be spent only on items included in the approved budget. The research project may not be significantly modified in geographical location, topic, methodology, project personnel, budget allocation, or starting date and duration of project without prior approval from the Foundation.
- Return of Funds: Grant funds used for purposes not approved by the Foundation, or not spent at the end of the grant period, must be returned to the Foundation. If the project is terminated before completion, the Foundation reserves the right to request that all grant funds are returned to the Foundation. In addition, if any item of equipment purchased with grant funds at an original cost in excess of $750 still has monetary value, the resale value must be returned to the Foundation; or, upon approval by the President, such equipment may be donated to an educational or scientific organization preferably in the country where the research was carried out.
- Reporting Requirements: Upon completion of the grant period, the grantee must submit the following items. If sufficient cause for delay is not demonstrated, the grant will be designated “Closed-Incomplete,” and the grantee will not be eligible for further support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation.
1) Final Report summarizing the work carried out during the grant period, maximum 3 pages
2) Abstract of the Final Report for the Foundation’s website, maximum 200 words, written in a style that is clearly understandable to a non-specialist
3) Financial Accounting of all funds provided by the Wenner-Gren Foundation (no receipts required)
Dissertation Fieldwork Grants only:
Supervisor’s Final Evaluation, one page evaluating the grantee’s research and progress towards the degree; supervisor’s signature is also required on the financial accounting. A form for this evaluation and approval of the financial accounting is available for download on our website.
- Publication Requirements: The Wenner-Gren Foundation requests acknowledgment of Foundation support in all publications resulting in whole or in part from this grant. One copy of each publication resulting from the grant should be sent to the Foundation, with the name of the grantee, the grant number, and a full bibliographic citation in Current Anthropology format. Please do not send unpublished manuscripts, dissertations, or conference papers.
- Permission: To the extent that the grantee provides to the Foundation any photograph, film or other materials created in connection with the project, the Foundation may use these materials for any purpose related to the Foundation’s activities, including posting such materials on its website. The Foundation may use the grantee’s name, description of the research project, name/s of organization/s with which he/she is associated, and any photograph of him/her for any purpose relating to the Foundation’s activities.
Wenner-Gren Grants are made in accordance with all laws applicable in the United States of America, including but not limited to the provisions of the USA Patriot Act. Grant funds may not be used by any grantee for any purposes that would be in violation of regulations governed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Controls. The grantee confirms compliance with any applicable U.S. sanctions regulations including regulations pertaining to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN List). For further information on the regulations, please consult the U.S. Department of Treasury website at: www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac