- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, or institutional or departmental affiliation.
- Applications are accepted from scholars who are close to completing their doctorate or equivalent degree; however, the grant cannot be awarded until the degree is completed. Note that the Foundation expects the degree to have been completed before the start date for the proposed project given by the applicant on the application form.
- Current grantees must have completed all requirements of their existing grant, including submission of the final report, before an application for a new project can be accepted.
- Post-Ph.D. Research grant applications that were unsuccessful in a prior funding cycle may be resubmitted only if they are accompanied by a resubmission statement, explaining how the application is different from the prior application and how the referees' comments have been addressed.
- If a Post.Ph.D. Research grant is awarded, the applicant must agree to comply with the Requirements and Conditions of the Post-Ph.D. Research Grant.