You will be asked to provide the following information about yourself and your project:
- Applicant Information: The application must be submitted in the name of one individual. Co-principal investigators, if any, should be listed under “Other academic personnel participating in the project” (see below). You are asked to supply your full legal name (first, middle, and surname), e-mail address and other contact details, date and place of birth, gender, citizenship, and educational history (highest degree awarded, date, and awarding institution). You are asked to supply your home and/or department address. If you supply both, your home address will be used as your mailing address. Please note that the Foundation's primary method of communication with you will be by e-mail.
- Project Information:
- Title of project (15 words or less)
- Total amount requested in U.S. dollars. Note that you are also required to submit a detailed budget.
- Three keywords or phrases that best categorize your research.
- The choice of a discipline and region/topic category that is selected from a predetermined list.
- Project duration and location information, including the project start date and its duration. Note that projects may have a duration longer than 12 months and need not entail a continuous period of research (e.g., the project may take place over two consecutive summers, etc.). The beginning date must be after January 1 of the following year for applications submitted at the May 1 deadline, and after July 1 of the following year for applications submitted at the November 1 deadline.
- Other academic personnel participating in project: List any co-principal investigators and other key academic personnel who will be carrying out or collaborating on a substantial portion of the project and their academic affiliations. You should not include local research assistants who will be working under your direction or non-academic family members (or other non-academic individuals) who may be helping with aspects of your research. You should explain the importance of these individuals for your research in Question 4 of the Project Description Questions.
- Other funding applications: List other agencies to which you have applied for funding for all or part of the research proposed in this application. This will not jeopardize your chances of receiving funding from the Wenner-Gren Foundation. If your proposed research is dependent on funds from other agencies in addition to funds from Wenner-Gren, you must indicate in Question 3 of the Project Description Questions the feasibility of your research if those other funds are not forthcoming.