- The Wenner-Gren Foundation receives over 100 Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship applications each year and normally awards eight annually. Given this degree of competition, the Foundation advises applicants to follow closely all the procedures for completing the application.
- Applications must be submitted on the most recent official application form. Application forms and guidelines for completing these forms are available three months before each application deadline.
- The Foundation operates an online application submission procedure. All application forms and other required application materials must be submitted online. If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In addition to the online submission, one printed copy of the application form and required attachments, PLUS four (4) printed copies of the application form only, must be sent to the Foundation. This material must be postmarked by the application deadline (and received by the Foundation no later than two weeks after the deadline) or your application will not be reviewed.
- Applications are available 3 months before the application deadline.
- Applications must be in English.
- The Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship application asks for the following categories of information:
- General information about yourself and the project
- An Abstract of your writing project. If your application is successful, this abstract will appear on the Foundation's website. Please make sure your abstract is written in a style that is clearly understandable to a non-specialist
- The answers to four project description questions. Applicants are advised to read the questions and instructions carefully as they develop their answers
- A resubmission statement if the current application is a resubmission of a previously declined application.
- A bibliography relevant to your proposed project
- A curriculum vitae
- Please note that copies of research permits and permissions are not required at the application stage. If an application is successful, the Foundation will request copies of the relevant permits at that time. Grant funds will not be released to a grantee until the Foundation has received copies of all relevant permits. For Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships, this permit requirement applies only to proposals containing a research component. For more information on how to list your permits click here.
- Before submitting your Fellowship application, please read the information on US tax issues applicable to all grantees click here for more information .
- Non-US citizens should read the information on US visa requirements for Non-US citizens who are present or coming to the United States as part of their research project. Click here for more information.
- Successful applicants are required to comply with all US laws. This includes, but is not limited to, regulations governed by the US Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). OFAC administers US Government sanction programs and regulations pertaining to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN List). Please consult the US Department Treasury website for more information on US Government sanction programs and the SDN List at www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac
Special documentation is required for research projects located in the following countries where US Government sanctions are in place: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Crimea (including Sevastopol). This documentation is not required at the stage of application, but must be submitted to the Foundation before grant funds are disbursed to successful applicants. (click here for more information)
- Do not send any other material, such as letters of recommendation, computer disks, manuscripts, publications, photographs, or recordings to the Foundation in support of your application. This material will not be used in the review process and cannot be returned.
Hunt Application Procedures.pdf (151.75 KB)