- The deadline for the Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship is May 1. and final decisions are made six months later. Funding will be available starting in January of the following year, and the start date of the Fellowship can be any time during that year.
- Applications must be submitted using the Foundation's online application submission procedure by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the day of the deadline. In addition, five printed copies of the complete application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received by the Foundation no later than two weeks after the deadline or your application will not be reviewed. If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail. Please note: application materials e-mailed or faxed to the Foundation will not be accepted.
- The Foundation operates a two-stage decision making process:
- Stage One: Applications are screened against the General Criteria for Evaluation. All applicants will be notified as to whether or not they are successful at this stage. If you have not heard from the Foundation by August 1, please contact the Foundation for information on the progress of your application.
- Stage Two: Successful applications are sent to an external panel for academic review. All applicants will be notified regarding their applications by the end of October. Again, contact us if you have not received an e-mail notification by these dates.