The Wenner-Gren Foundation invites e-mailed Letters of Inquiry for our Global Initiatives Grant program. This program provides funding for a small number of one-time, capacity-building projects designed to meet a need not addressed by our other programs. Global Initiatives Grants can be as small as $5,000 and as large as $20,000. We look for projects in which a small amount of money can have a wide and lasting impact in creating the conditions that allow the discipline to survive and thrive. Our total budget for this program is $30,000/year, so we expect the competition to be very stiff. We do not consider applications for projects suitable for consideration under one of our other grant programs.
Applicants must have a PhD in anthropology and be affiliated with an organization (such as a school, non-governmental organization, community association, or tribe) that can carry forward the lessons learned through the project.
If you are interested, please download and complete this form, which addresses the following questions:
- What need for capacity building will this project address? How will this project benefit your organization and enhance the ability of anthropologists in your country, region, or community to have a greater impact within the discipline and the wider world?
- What obstacles to capacity building exist in your country, region, or community?
- Why isn’t this project eligible for funding under one of the Wenner-Gren Foundation’s other programs?
- What collaborations will be involved in helping you reach your goals?
- What will be the afterlife of this project, if successful? What lasting impact will it have? Could others use or adapt your project design to address similar challenges? If so, how?
- Will this project require ongoing financial support? If so, how will you secure this funding?
Please attach a preliminary budget and CV. If we invite you to submit a full proposal, we will not permit you to exceed the total amount requested at this preliminary stage. Items not allowed under this program include taxes, institutional overhead or any fees related to administering this grant.
Please submit your letter of inquiry to email@example.com.
For more information, contact Judy Kreid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: May 15, 2020