- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in anthropology or a related discipline at the time of application.
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. or equivalent within ten years of the application deadline.
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, institutional, or departmental affiliation, although preference is given to applicants who are untenured or do not yet have a permanent academic position. Independent scholars are eligible to apply.
- The Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship is to support a continuous period of full-time work on production and/or post-production of an ethnographic film. The academic research that forms the basis of the film project is expected to be completed at the time of application. However, recipients may use part of their stipend for additional research or filming to complete the ethnographic film project. No funds in addition to the basic stipend are available as part of the Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Note that this Fellowship is not for film journalism or new film projects that are not derived from the applicant’s prior academic research.
- The fellowship is intended to be used to support the completion of an ethnographic film (or films) and may include integration of this output with a written publication and/or forms of digital media such as websites, etc.
- The Foundation cannot accept an application from a prior grantee unless all requirements of a previous grant have been completed. The only exception is for current Engaged Anthropology or Conference and Workshop Grantees. Please contact the Foundation for more information if this situation applies.
- Prior recipients of the Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship are not eligible to apply.
- Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship applications that were unsuccessful in a prior funding cycle may be resubmitted only twice. A resubmission statement explaining how the application is different from the prior application and how the referees' comments have been addressed must accompany resubmitted applications.
- If a fellowship is awarded, the applicant must agree to comply with the Requirements and Conditions of the Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship.