- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in anthropology or a related discipline at the time of application.
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. or equivalent within ten years of the application deadline.
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, institutional, or departmental affiliation, although preference is given to applicants who are untenured or do not yet have a permanent academic position. Independent scholars are eligible to apply.
- The Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship is to support a continuous period of full-time work on production and/or post-production of an ethnographic film. The academic research that forms the basis of the film project is expected to be completed at the time of application. However, recipients may use part of their stipend for additional research or filming to complete the ethnographic film project. No funds in addition to the basic stipend are available as part of the Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Note that this Fellowship is not for film journalism or new film projects that are not derived from the applicant’s prior academic research.
- The fellowship is intended to be used to support the completion of an ethnographic film (or films) and may include integration of this output with a written publication and/or forms of digital media such as websites, etc.
- The Foundation cannot accept an