General information about the applicant and project
You will be asked to provide the following information about yourself and your project.
- Applicant Information: You are asked to supply your full legal name (first, middle, and surname), e-mail address and other contact details, date and place of birth, gender, citizenship, educational history, and current education status. You are asked to supply your home and/or department address. If you supply both, your home address will be used as your mailing address. Please note that the Foundation's primary method of communication with you will be by e-mail.
- Project Information:
- Title of the engagement project (15 words or less)
- Title of the Dissertation Fieldwork or Post-Ph.D. Research Grant that forms the basis of this engagement proposal.
- Total amount requested in U.S. Dollars. Note that you are also required to submit a detailed budget
- The choice of a discipline and region/topic category that is selected from a predetermined list
- Project start and end dates and location information. The beginning date must be after January 1 of the following year for applications submitted for the August 1 deadline.
- Other academic personnel participating in project: List only key personnel who will be carrying out or collaborating on a substantial portion of the project and their academic affiliations. You should not include local personnel who might be involved in the engagement project who will be working under your direction or non-academic family members (or other non-academic individuals) who may be helping with aspects of your project. You should explain the importance of these individuals for your project in Question 2 of the Project Description Questions.