Requirements and Conditions of the Wadsworth International Fellowship
If a Wadsworth International Fellowship is awarded to you, you will be subject to the following requirements and conditions and asked to sign this statement as a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully.
1. Scope of Fellowship: Fellowship funds may only be spent on items included in the approved budget. The Fellow may not substantially modify his/her course of study supported by the fellowship, including changes to the Host Sponsor or Host Institution, without prior approval from the Foundation. Fellowship funds cannot be used for institutional overhead.
2. Return of funds: Fellowship funds must be returned to the Foundation if:
- used for purposes not approved by the Foundation;
- any remain unexpended at the termination of the fellowship;
- unused because fellowship was not completed;
- overlapping funding was received from another agency;
- the fellowship does not commence within a reasonable time after acceptance of the funds.
3. Reporting Requirements: The following items are to be submitted upon the completion of each year of the Fellowship. Please note that if these requirements are not fulfilled, the Fellow will become ineligible for further support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation.
- Report from the Fellow: Progress Reports are required at the end of each fellowship period and are to be submitted as part of the Renewal Application. Upon conclusion of the final year of Fellowship, the Fellow must sum up his/her accomplishments in a Final Report (2-3 pages).
- Financial Accounting: The Fellow must submit an accounting for the dollar amount expended for each Fellowship period. This accounting is to be approved and signed by the Host Sponsor. Supporting records such as receipts and vouchers should not be sent to the Foundation, but should be retained by the Fellow.
- Transcript: If the Fellow is registered for coursework, a copy of his/her transcript must be sent to the Foundation at the end of the academic year.
- Host Sponsor's Evaluative Report: The Host Sponsor must provide a confidential progress re