Requirements and Conditions of the Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship
If a Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship is awarded to you for the purpose stated in your application, you will be subject to the following requirements and conditions and asked to sign this statement as a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully.
- Scope of Project: Fellowships must be used for a period of continuous full-time writing for the project approved in the application for funding. A small portion of the fellowship may be allocated to research activities primarily to update data. Any research component must not significantly alter the shape of the project described in the approved application. All necessary leave or sabbatical must be arranged before the fellowship begins. It is expected that this work will result in a publication within a year of the fellowship’s completion.
- Return of Funds: Grant funds used for purposes other than the writing project contained in the approved application, or not spent at the end of the grant period, must be returned to the Foundation. If the Fellow does not maintain a full-time writing schedule for the duration of the fellowship, the Foundation reserves the right to request that all grant funds are returned to the Foundation.
- Reporting Requirements: Upon completion of the grant period, the grantee must submit the following items. If sufficient cause for delay is not demonstrated, the grant will be designated “Closed-Incomplete,” and the grantee will not be eligible for further support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation.
1) Final Report summarizing the work carried out during the grant period, maximum three pages
2) Abstract of the Final Report for the Foundation’s website, maximum 200 words, written in a style that is clearly understandable to a non-specialist
- Publication Requirements: The Wenner-Gren Foundation requests acknowledgment of Foundation support in all publications resulting in whole or in part from this grant. One copy of each publication resulting from the grant should be sent to the Foundation, with the name of the grantee, the grant number, and a full bibliographic citation in Current Anthropology format. Please do not send unpublished manuscripts, dissertations, or conference papers.