Requirements and Conditions of the Dissertation Fieldwork Grant
If a Dissertation Fieldwork grant is awarded to you for the purpose stated in your application, you will be subject to the following requirements and conditions which both you and your supervisor will be required to sign this statement as a legally binding agreement. Please read it carefully.
Scope of Research Project: Grant funds may be spent only on items included in the approved budget. The research project may not be significantly modified in geographical location, topic, methodology, project personnel, budget allocation, or starting date and duration of project without prior approval from the Foundation.
- Return of Funds: Grant funds used for purposes not approved by the Foundation, or not spent at the end of the grant period, must be returned to the Foundation. If the project is terminated before completion, the Foundation reserves the right to request that all grant funds are returned to the Foundation. In addition, if any item of equipment purchased with grant funds at an original cost in excess of $750 still has monetary value, the resale value must be returned to the Foundation; or, upon approval by the President, such equipment may be donated to an educational or scientific organization preferably in the country where the research was carried out.
- Reporting Requirements: Upon completion of the grant period, the grantee must submit the following items. If sufficient cause for delay is not demonstrated, the grant will be designated “Closed-Incomplete,” and the grantee will not be eligible for further support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation.
1) Final Report summarizing the work carried out during the grant period, maximum 3 pages
2) Abstract of the Final Report for the Foundation’s website, maximum 200 words, written in a style that is clearly understandable to a non-specialist
3) Financial Accounting of all funds provided by the Wenner-Gren Foundation (no receipts required)
Dissertation Fieldwork Grants only: