- There are two application deadlines each year, May 1 and November 1. The May 1 deadline is for those applicants requesting funding starting in January through June of the following year. The November 1 deadline is for applicants requesting funding starting in July through December of the following year.
- Applications must be submitted using the Foundation's online application submission procedure by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the day of the deadline. In addition, five printed copies of the complete application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received by the Foundation no later than two weeks after the deadline or your application will not be reviewed. If it is not possible to submit your application online because of inadequate internet access in your country of origin, you must notify the Foundation at least one week before the deadline (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange to submit an application by conventional mail. Please note: application materials e-mailed or faxed to the Foundation will not be accepted.
- The Foundation operates a two-stage decision making process.
- Stage One: Applications are screened against the General Criteria for Evaluation. All applicants will be notified as to whether or not they are successful at this stage. Approximately 50% of all applications are successful at this stage. If you have not heard from the Foundation by August 1 (for the May 1 deadline) or March 1 (for the November deadline), please contact the Foundation for information on the progress of your application.
- Stage Two: Successful applications are sent to an external panel for academic review. Approximately 33% of Stage Two applications are successful. All applicants will be notified regarding their applications at least two weeks before the next application deadline (October 15 for the May 1 deadline and April 15 for the November 1 deadline). Again, contact us if you have not received an e-mail notification by these dates.