Featured News Items
The Wenner-Gren Foundation is interested in hearing from its grantees and knowing about:
- 1) news about research in the field and findings
- 2) news and links to any articles where the grantees' research is featured
- 3) photos from the field (featuring grantees)
If you have information concerning your Wenner-Gren supported work, please send it here.
Wenner-Gren Sponsored Events at the AAA's in New Orleans
Wenner-Gren Sponsored Events
at the 109th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association
November 17-21, 2010, New Orleans
If you are planning to attend the meetings, please join us at the following Foundation-sponsored events:
- Wednesday, November 17 (6:00 - 9:45 PM): Film Screening. The AAA Committee on Ethics and the Foundation present the BBC/HBO film The Secrets of the Tribe, followed by Q and A with film director José Padilha and an ethics caucus addressing allegations of ethical misconduct and human rights abuse surrounding the publication of Patrick Tierney's book Darkness in El Dorado.(Sheraton Hotel Grand Ballroom A, 5th Floor)
- Thursday, November 18 (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Current Anthropology Office Hours. Stop by to meet Current Anthropology's Editor Mark Aldenderfer, Book Reviews Editor Holley Moyes, and Managing Editor Lisa McKamy. (Exhibition Hall, University of Chicago Press Booth #300-302-304)
- Friday, November 19 (7:00 - 9:00 PM): Reception with Open Bar. Come to meet other anthropologists, celebrate new developments at the Foundation, and catch up with old friends. (Waterbury Ballroom, Second Floor, Sheraton)
- Saturday, November 20 (9:00 - 11:00 AM): Grant Writing Workshop: Wenner-Gren and National Science Foundation. Learn how to write a successful grant proposal for both Wenner-Gren and the NSF and talk directly to representatives of both foundations. This event is free of charge and open to all. (Maurepas, Third Floor, Sheraton)
As always, the Foundation will have a booth in the Exhibit Hall and staff will be there to answer all your questions about the Foundation. We look forward to seeing you at the AAA!