Featured News Items
The Wenner-Gren Foundation is interested in hearing from its grantees and knowing about:
- 1) news about research in the field and findings
- 2) news and links to any articles where the grantees' research is featured
- 3) photos from the field (featuring grantees)
If you have information concerning your Wenner-Gren supported work, please send it here.
Wenner-Gren Foundation Confidentiality and Conflict-of-Interest Statement for Reviewers
Confidentiality of Proposals and Applicants
- The contents of all applications are to be treated as confidential. Do not copy, quote, or otherwise use or disclose to anyone, including your graduate students or post-doctoral or research associates, any material from any proposal you are asked to review.
- All applications should be destroyed once you have completed the review process.
Confidentiality of the Review Process
- Your identity as a reviewer of a particular proposal is kept confidential, although the Foundation does publish a list of all reviewers, including their academic affiliation, in its annual report.
- The Foundation sends anonymous feedback to all declined and approved applicants.
- You as a reviewer will receive anonymous feedback for all of the proposals that you review along with reviewer scores and the funding decision. This information is confidential and is not to be disclosed to anyone (e.g. current applicants, future applicants, colleagues).
What Constitutes a Conflict-of-Interest as a reviewer?
- Reviewers cannot apply for grants from the programs for which they are acting as either a screener or panelist (e.g. the Post-Ph.D. Research Grant, the Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship, the International Collaborative Research Grant, or the Fejos Postdoctoral Fellowship in Ethnographic Film). If you intend to apply to one of these programs, please notify the Wenner-Gren Applications Office and we will suspend you for the relevant application season.
What constitutes a Conflict-of-Interest with an applicant?
- Current or recent employment (within the last 24 months) in the applicant’s department.
- Known family relationship (spouse, child, sibling, parent) with the applicant.
- Past or present association with the applicant as thesis advisor/advisee or as a member of the doctoral co