TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Last Modified: 1/12/16
1. Welcome and Consent to Terms
If you have questions about our Website, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by mail at our main office at: The Wenner-Gren Foundation, Attn: Website Administrator, 470 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016
2. Age Restriction and Eligibility
4. Wenner-Gren Intellectual Property Rights and Content Sharing
Unless otherwise stated where the content is presented, all content on our Website, including without limitation all articles, papers, blog posts, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips (“W-G Content”) is the sole property of Wenner-Gren and/or its affiliates or licensors, and is protected by relevant intellectual property rights under United States (U.S.) and foreign laws, including without limitation trademark and copyright laws.
- You may use textual W-G Content for personal, non-commercial use and without alteration or modification. You must maintain all copyright and other notices posted along with the W-G Content. Use of photographs, drawings, other images and video content is NOT permitted without our prior written consent as much of this content is owned by our grantees and other third parties.
- You may reproduce and distribute the Blog article “How to Write a Grant Proposal” for non-commercial purposes provided that you credit Wenner-Gren as the source of the article and do not modify or alter the article in any manner.
- You may create a link to W-G Content, so long as the link does not cast Wenner-Gren in a false or misleading light, including suggesting any affiliation or endorsement.
Please note that you may NOT use W-G Content for any other purpose without our prior written consent. For example:
- You may NOT use W-G Content for commercial purposes. (Note that we consider any use related to a revenue-generating activity or that includes advertising to be a “commercial purpose”).
- You may NOT circulate, distribute, or otherwise make available W-G Content (other than the “How to Write a Grant Proposal” article noted above) by electronic, hard copy or other means.
- You may NOT “frame” Website pages, embed W-G Content, otherwise disguise the origin of W-G Content, or use metatags or other “hidden text” that incorporates our trademarks or name.
5. Registration, User Accounts and Grant Applications
While some parts of our Website (such as viewing content) are accessible without registration, others may require you to create a “User Account” with a username, password, and such other personal information as we may require to confirm your identity (“Registration Information”). For example, before applying for a grant, you will need to register with us. If you are applying for a grant from Wenner-Gren on behalf of yourself or another organization, you may be required to provide certain information to Wenner-Gren through an online application, including, but not limited to, a proposal and budget (“Application Information”).
You agree to ensure that your Registration Information and Application Information is accurate and current and to update it in a timely manner. If you provide (or if we have reasonable grounds to believe you provided) inaccurate or incomplete information, we may suspend or terminate your access, application, or participation in our programs. (By doing so, we do not waive any other rights and remedies allowed by law.)
You agree not to share your username and password with a third party for purposes of transacting on your User Account (except for other authorized individuals at an organization for which you are applying for a grant). You agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware.
6. Third Party Website
The Website may include links to other third party websites (“Third Party Websites”). We have no control over the contents of Third Party Websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the Third Party Websites linked to on the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Website.
7. Availability of the Website / Termination
The Website are currently offered free of charge, but we reserve the right to charge for certain features of our Website in the future. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, or suspend or discontinue the Website, partially or entirely, in our sole discretion. If you register with us, you may terminate your account with us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree that Wenner-Gren may, in its sole discretion, limit or terminate your account or access to the Website at any time and for any reason or no reason at all. Wenner-Gren shall have no liability to you or any third party for any such action.
8. Disputes with Wenner-Gren, Choice of Law and Forum
9. Release and Indemnification
10. Medical Information Disclaimer
Some content on the Website may contain information related to human physiology, diseases, medical conditions, and medical remedies. Such content is offered for informational purpose only, is not and should not be used as medical advice or as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER DISRUPTIVE FEATURES, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED OR HARMED BY THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER CONTENT, YOU MAY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 7 (“AVAILABILITY OF WEBSITE/TERMINATION”) AND CEASE USING THE WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT SUCH TERMINATION OR CESSATION SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL W-G PARTIES (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 9) BE LIABLE FOR LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR CLAIMS, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL THE W-G PARTIES’ LIABILITY TO YOU HEREUNDER BE GREATER THAN THE FEES PAID BY YOU IN THE LAST YEAR (IF ANY) TO WENNER-GREN FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE (OTHER THAN ANY INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS).
13. Note to Users Outside of the United States
We operate the Website from the U.S. and may use cloud servers in the U.S. and other countries If you choose to access the Website from locations outside the U.S., you are responsible for compliance with any local laws. You may not use or export anything from the Website in violation of US export laws or regulations.
C. Contact Information. The Website is operated by Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research. Inquiries should be sent to:
The Wenner-Gren Foundation
Attn: Website Administrator
470 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10016