News & Events

View grantees in the Image Library

Information for Non-US citizens coming to the United States

US Visa Requirements for Non-US citizens traveling to the US

Non-US citizens receiving grant or fellowship funds from the Wenner-Gren Foundation AND using these funds or a portion thereof to travel to the US should enter the US under an F (Student) or J (Exchange Visitor) visa. US academic institutions can sponsor an individual's application for an F or J visa. The Wenner-Gren Foundation is not permitted to sponsor visa applications for Non-US citizens.

Because of significant US tax implications, the Foundation generally does not provide funding to individuals traveling to the US under any other visa status. For more information on US tax issues pertaining to Non-US persons Click here and refer to the section titled "Nonresident Aliens who are present in the US"

Below is a link to US State Department information on how to get a US visa:


Return to:

Dissertation Fieldwork Grant Application Procedures

Post-Ph.D. Research Grant Application Procedures

Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Procedures

International Collaborative Research Grant Application Procedures

Wadsworth International Fellowship Application Procedures

Wadsworth Short-Term Fellowship Application Procedures