News & Events

View grantees in the Image Library

Information for Non-US Citizens Coming into the United States

US Visa Requirements for Non-US citizens traveling to the US

Non-US citizens receiving grant or fellowship funds from the Wenner-Gren Foundation AND using these funds or a portion thereof to travel to the US should enter the US under an F (Student) or J (Exchange Visitor) visa whenever possible. US academic institutions can sponsor an individual's application for an F or J visa. The Wenner-Gren Foundation is not permitted to sponsor visa applications for Non-US citizens.  

Because of significant US tax implications, the Foundation prefers grantees not to travel to the US under a B visa (Visitor for Business or Pleasure).

For more information on US tax issues pertaining to Non-US persons Click here and refer to the section titled "Nonresident Aliens who are present in the US"

Here is a link to the US State Department information on how to get a US visa.