Wenner-Gren staff and guests attending the Burg Wartenstein dedication festivities.
Coon and Teilhard de Chardin
Carleton Coon and Pierre Teilhard de Chardin during a break at the first International Symposium on Anthropology in 1952.
Lita Osmundsen (Wenner-Gren Foundation President 1963-1986) in front of the entrance to the Foundation's offices at 14 West 71st Street in New York City circa the 1970s. The brownstone, purchased by Axel Wenner-Gren in 1951, served as the Foundation's headquarters until it was sold in 1978.
Castle Burg Wartenstein
The castle Burg Wartenstein, located in the Semmering region of Austria, served as the Wenner-Gren Foundation's European Conference Center from 1958 until 1980, during which time 84 sypmosia were held.
Paul Fejos, 1941
Paul Fejos in the Peruvian Andes during the Wenner-Gren Expedition to Hispanic America, 1941