INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH GRANT AGREEMENT
It is understood and agreed that the above grant will be subject to the following restrictions and conditions:
- Scope of Research Project: Grant funds may only be spent on items included in the approved budget. The project may not be significantly modified in geographical location, topic, methodology, project personnel, budget allocation, or time and duration, without prior approval from the Foundation.
- Return of Funds: Unexpended grant funds must be returned to the Foundation upon completion of the project In addition, if any item of equipment purchased with grant funds at an original cost in excess of $750 still has monetary value, the resale value must be returned to the Foundation; or, upon approval by the president, such equipment may be donated to an educational or scientific institution preferably in the country where the research was carried out.
- Reporting Requirements: Upon completion of the research supported by the Wenner-Gren Foundation, the primary grantee must submit on behalf of all grantees the following:
- Final Report summarizing the research funded by the grant, maximum 3 pages
- Abstract of the Final Report for the Foundation’s website, maximum 200 words, written in a style that is clearly understandable to a non-specialist
- Financial Accounting of all funds provided by the Foundation, no receipts required
Please note these reports must be received upon completion of the research phase supported by Wenner-Gren. If sufficient cause for delay is not demonstrated, the grant will be designated “closed-incomplete”, and the primary grantee and co-grantee/s will become ineligible for further support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation.
- Publication Requirements: The Wenner-Gren Foundation requests acknowledgment of Foundation support in all publications resulting in whole or in part from this grant. One copy of each publication resulting from the grant should be sent to the Foundation, with the name of the primary grantee and/or co-grantee/s, the grant number, and a full bibliographic citation in one of any of the bibliographic formats found in major anthropological journals. Please do not send unpublished manuscripts.
- Permission: To the extent that the grantee provides to the Foundation any photograph, film, or other materials created in connection with the project, the Foundation may use these materials for any purpose related to the Foundation’s activities, including posting such materials on its website.
- Wenner-Gren Grants are made in accordance with all laws applicable in the United States of America, including but not limited to the provisions of the USA Patriot Act. Grant funds may not be used by any grantee for any purposes that would be in violation of regulations governed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Controls. The grantee confirms compliance with any applicable U.S. sanctions regulations including regulations pertaining to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN List). For further information on the regulations, please consult the U.S. Department of Treasury website at: www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.